General Chronology of the Home Inspection
2. Water management issues (eavestroughs, grading, paint, etc.)
3. Overall inspection of the exterior components including the garage
At this point we are 30 minutes into the inspection, we do a quick summary and then head inside
4. Electrical panel
5. Furnace/air conditioning
6. First pass through the basement is looking for water
7. Second pass is to inspect the structure and operate any plumbing and electrical in the basement
We are now 90 minutes into the inspection, we do a quick summary and then head up as high in the house as we can go
8. This is the interior inspection. That is, looking at all of the doors, windows, floors, walls, ceilings, operate all of the plumbing, check the electrical throughout, examine fire places and exhaust fans. This is done in an organized fashion generally from top to bottom.
9. The last stop is the attic (some inspectors look at the attic when they first go upstairs).
After that, the inspector will take 30-45 minutes to fill out the report and then another 15 minutes to summarize with the client. Total time: 2 ½ to 3 hours – sometimes shorter (newer, small house), sometimes longer.
For more Info Call Natalie Korchuk, REALTOR